My Uncle resided in California and then moved to North Carolina. He had wills drawn in both states. In the book of wills.

I have a copy of the North Carolina will. It does not name any trusts . How can I find the beneficiary information on a trust drawn for me and my two sons. He has a wife whom he resided with in North Carolina, she is not telling me any information. My Uncle told me to contact her regarding any inheritance he has for me and my two sons. He passed on 4 years ago.

Severn, MD -

C L Huddleston III

C L Huddleston III

Probate Attorney - Columbus, OH

You may have waited too long to try and do anything about this, and the only way you are going to be sure is to engage a knowledgeable NC attorney to help you figure it out.

Presumably the Will drawn in NC contains language revoking the CA Will. That is the usual practice. He may have had a simple Will or he may have had a Living Trust, either of which could have created "sub-trusts" for you and your children upon his death.

There are things you could do yourself, but you would need fumble around with the process and terminology. You would be far better off consulting with a NC attorney. I know a number of expert and specialist estate law colleagues in various parts of NC, so if you need a referral to a NC attorney, I may be able to help. Please feel free to contact me directly via the phone or email below.

Jeff Tomberg

Jeff Tomberg

Probate Attorney - Boynton Beach, FL

it may be too late but you should immediately contact a lawyer in the county your uncle lived in NC and speak with him and share with him a copy of the will you have. he will have to research the county records to see whether any probate or trust proceedings were done. he can advise you what if any course of action is available.

James P. Frederick

James P. Frederick

Probate Attorney - Livonia, MI

As Attorney Tomberg noted, you have waited a long time on this. You should meet with a lawyer right away and determine what you can do. It is possible, if not likely, that you are to receive your inheritance once your aunt passes away. But you may not have enough information to know how to proceed. An attorney *may* be able to help you.

James Frederick