My uncle is 19 and his girl friend is 16 ,she may be pregnant,if she is what can he get charged with?

Nashville, TN |

I basically just wanna know because I dont think her parents like him too much?

There is no crime that he can be convicted of, unless the girlfriend alleges that he forced her to have sex. Statutory rape in Tennessee requires that the victim be at least four years younger than the defendant. Since she is 16 and he is 19, there is no statutory offense implicated.

Nope. He is within the law but if her parents don't like him then his life will be miserable trying to spend time with his child. If the child is born out of wedlock he needs to make sure he legitimizes the child and gets a parenting plan in place unless they get married.

"Nothing in this communication is meant to establish an attorney-client relationship. The information is provided for educational purposes only. No action will be taken on your behalf unless you have have hired me and entered into a written retainer agreement. I am only licensed in Tennessee and I suggest contacting an attorney in your specific city and state as soon as possible to avoid any statute of limitations deadlines, if applicable."

No crime. Since your uncle's lady friend is at least 15 years old but less than 18, and your uncle is not more than 4 years older, there is no crime. The actual language of the Statute is in Tennessee Code Annotated 39-13-506.