Skip to main content

My uncle file a forgery quitclaim deed& defrauded the bank but I am the executive of the estate name by the last will&testament.

Chicago, IL |

I hole the last will and testament and im name as the executor of the estate but the bank foreclose on this matter do to fraud he comented can I file for a requires title do to this fraud

Attorney Answers 4


If the bank has foreclosed on property, you will not be able to regain title to it. You should consult with a probate attorney about administering the estate and your uncle's alleged fraud.

Please note that I am answering this question as a service through Avvo but not as your attorney and no attorney-client relationship is established by this posting. An attorney-client relationship can only be established through signing a Fee Agreement and paying the necessary advanced fees.

Mark as helpful

5 lawyers agree


Your question is a bit confusing, but if your uncle forged a quit claim deed, you should certainly consult with an attorney. Your question does not specify if the foreclosure sale has been held, or if the foreclosure has just been filed. It might not be too late to save the property, especially in light of the forged deed.

By the very nature of Avvo, you have only provided limited facts and no documentation, therefore, our response to your question is treated only as a hypothetical, and as such it is merely general in nature. You should not rely on this response in taking or forgoing action in your circumstances without discussing this matter with an attorney. If we had the opportunity to ask you sufficient questions and review relevant documents so that we were satisfied we had all of the relevant facts and circumstances, our response might differ significantly. Without the opportunity to ask you questions, and review all relevant documents and memoranda, we are simply unable to provide any form of legal advice. Our response to your question does not create any attorney-client relationship between us, and we are not acting as your attorney. We reserve the right to decline representation in any case. By answering your question, we are under no obligation to answer further questions. There are very specific deadlines for filing a lawsuit, replying to a lawsuit filed against you, or taking other action in order to preserve your legal rights. You should contact an attorney immediately in order to be fully advised of your rights, and so that you are aware of those deadlines. If you fail to act within the required time frame, you might be forever barred from asserting your rights or defending your position. The attorney answering this question is licensed in Illinois and Iowa only.

Mark as helpful

6 lawyers agree


If this is truly a forgery, you have a title claim. Contact a local real estate lawyer as soon as possible.

Actively practicing law in Texas. Inactive licenses in Arizona and Georgia. All answers are general in nature and no attorney/client relationship exists in this forum.

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree


The place to start is at a Probate attorney's office. Your situation could range from 'nothing can be done' to pursuing a judgment versus the uncle. It is impossible for any of us to determine where you stand from this short explanation, which is often the case. In addition, you have been entrusted with authority to act as Executor by whomever has died. You should take this responsibility seriously and take this matter to a Probate attorney.

If you choose, please select "helpful" or a "best" answer, below. LEGAL DISCLAIMER I am licensed to practice law in the State of Illinois and have an office in Kendall County, Illinois. However, I serve clients in many counties within the state of Illinois. My areas of practice involve Estate Planning (Trusts/Wills/Powers of Attorney/) and Probate, Business and Real Estate Counseling. Please take note that the above answer does not create an attorney/client relationship, and that all AVVO responses from both me and my attorney colleagues are for general legal education, only. Information obtained from AAVO or any other internet location should never be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices in your state. Please also be advised that the passage of time can often diminish the likelihood of success, and some matters will be barred by a Statute of Limitations. So, do not hesitate in seeking an attorney to specifically advise you. Finally, any reference to a specific law or theory of law is my best thought on the topic based upon a brief consideration of the topic, not a complete analysis of your specific situation. Best wishes as you seek resolution of your matter, and I hope you this answer helpful.

Mark as helpful

5 lawyers agree

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics