My uncle file a forgery quitclaim deed& defrauded the bank but I am the executive of the estate name by the last will&testament.

Asked over 1 year ago - Chicago, IL

I hole the last will and testament and im name as the executor of the estate but the bank foreclose on this matter do to fraud he comented can I file for a requires title do to this fraud

1. Thomas O. Moens

6

Answered . Your question is a bit confusing, but if your uncle forged a quit claim deed, you should certainly consult with an attorney. Your question does not specify if the foreclosure sale has been held, or if the foreclosure has just been filed. It might not be too late to save the property, especially in light of the forged deed.

2. John Justin Wyeth

Pro

5

Answered . The place to start is at a Probate attorney's office. Your situation could range from 'nothing can be done' to pursuing a judgment versus the uncle. It is impossible for any of us to determine where you stand from this short explanation, which is often the case. In addition, you have been entrusted with authority to act as Executor by whomever has died. You should take this responsibility seriously and take this matter to a Probate attorney.

3. Celia R Reed

5

Answered . If the bank has foreclosed on property, you will not be able to regain title to it. You should consult with a probate attorney about administering the estate and your uncle's alleged fraud.

4. Cheryl Rivera Smith

4

Answered . If this is truly a forgery, you have a title claim. Contact a local real estate lawyer as soon as possible.