My U-visa case passed the processing time, but case status still showing "Initial Review"

33139 |

My U-visa petition was received by USCIS on March 18, 2013. Current processing time for I-918 is June 13, 2013. How can i find out what happend with my petition and why I did not receive any updates.
Thanks in advance.

You can call USCIS customer service at 800 375-5283 and ask them to initiate a service request to determine what is happening to your case. Alternatively, you could schedule an InfoPass on the USCIS website (uscis.gov) and visit your local USCIS office to inquire about your case. Good Luck

The processing times are merely averages. Some cases take linger than others to be processed. You can follow up either by calling USCIS's customer service number or making an infopass appointment at the local field office.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. No recipients of content from this answer, clients or otherwise, should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content included in the answer without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from a licensed attorney. Provision of information on this website does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and The Law Offices of Grinberg & Segal, P.L.L.C., nor is it intended to do so.

Many U visa cases won't be decided until October because the cap was met for the fiscal year. It is not unusual for the case to take long. Make sure that US CIS has your current address.