My two children 7 and 12 were served champagne by mistake at a restaurant, me as well, I am fifteen years sober. What can I do

Asked about 2 years ago - Chatsworth, CA

We were doing the wedding toast and several times I asked, are you sure there is no alcohol in this, I was assured several times that it was apple cider, it was champagne and my children and myself drank it.

1. Christine C McCall

Pro

4

Answered . This is not a sound basis for a civil lawsuit for damages. There were no injuries or consequences (sufficient for you to have mentioned).

2. Steven Mark Sweat

Pro

2

Answered . Let it go. Not worth suing over.

3. Marc Lazarus

2

Answered . Although the acts are below the standard for restaurants, unless there is an injury, I do not believe that there is a remedy to seek from the restaurant. However, alcohol is regulated by the Alcohol Beverage Control (the ABC) Department. If you report the incident to the ABC, then the retaurant may require greater vigilance with its alcohol dispensing in order to maintain its liquor license.

4. Jeffrey Mark Adams

2

Answered . Presumably, no one was injured; aside from some emotional angst. If this is the case, simply tell management and let it go. However, this shouldn't be so cavalierly dismissed. If this was known, you have witnesses to corroborate, and you and/or your children have genuinely been harmed then immediately speak witn counsel. Remember, innocent mistakes with no harm should be forgiven.