Skip to main content

My truck was seized by police while someone else was driving. I am still making payments on this vehicle.

Norfolk, VA |

The person that was driving my vehicle was arrested for drug possession

Attorney Answers 5


You may be able to get your vehicle back. If the vehicle is simply impounded then it should be easy to get back, you just have to pay the impound/towing fees. If the vehicle was seized as part of a civil forfeiture then you should have an attorney demand return of the vehicle as it belongs to you.

This is not to be considered legal advice nor does an attorney-client relationship exist.

Mark as helpful

12 lawyers agree


You haven't asked a question.

T. Kevin Wilson, Esq.
The Wilson Law Firm
Virginia DUI / DWI, Criminal & Traffic Defense
Fighting For Clients All Across Virginia
Telephone 703-361-6100 or 540-347-4944

Mark as helpful

6 lawyers agree


You should contact the police department immediately and request the vehicle be returned to you since you are the rightful owner. As the previous attorney stated, there may be some impoundment fees. If they refuse to return your vehicle then you need to consult with an attorney.

Mark as helpful

15 lawyers agree


There is a procedure to petition the court for release of the vehicle. I suggest that you confer with a lawyer to determine how to proceed. Good luck.

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree


Contact the seizing police department and demand a release of your vehicle. Unfortunately , you might incur some charges for the storage of the vehicle

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree

Traffic tickets topics

Recommended articles about Traffic tickets

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics