Skip to main content

My trial is in a couple of days and my defender has not interviewed any witness and is not returning my calls. what can I do?

Albany, NY |
Filed under: Criminal defense

we have not even sat down to discuss the case together ans he is ignoring valuable leads that could prove my innocence

Attorney Answers 1

  1. It sounds like you have a court appointed attorney or you are represented by a public defender. You can ask the judge for a new attorney. You would have to convince the judge that your attorney is not properly representing you. This may be difficult, but you have a lot riding on the outcome of your case.

    The other option is to retain a private attorney that has will devote the time necessary to your case.

    Good Luck-

    Note: For informational purposes only. Seek an in person consultation with an attorney to be informed about all of your rights.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics