My tree falls on neighbors house, who is responsible for damages, can I be sued for any reason

Colonia, NJ |

branches are now hanging over their property

1. You are, if the tree was weak and you did nothing about. If it fell because of the weather, you may have an" act of God" defense. Confer with your homeowners insurance; they may be responsible for paying the damage on your behalf saving you the headache of a lawsuit.

You might find my legal guide on selecting and hiring a lawyer helpful.
    You might find my legal guide on Is it Legal? Is it Illegal? helpful.
    You might find my legal guide on the understanding the different court systems helpful.
    You might find my legal guide on legal terms used in litigation helpful
    (Even if you are not filing a lawsuit this information can be useful).

LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Mr. Sarno is licensed to practice law in NJ and NY. His response here is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/ client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter in question. Many times the questioner may leave out details which would make the reply unsuitable. Mr. Sarno strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in their own state to acquire more information about this issue.