Skip to main content

My tn is valid for 3 yrs and im working what is the best route for my petioner to take?

Boston, MA |

Im a nurse
My petioner is my mom and is a us citizen.
What can we file?

Attorney Answers 3


Only the I-130. You then have to wait for your EB3 priority date to become current.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

1 lawyer agrees


Your mother should file an I-130 petition for you as soon as possible. That is probably the surest way toward your residence. I would strongly suggest that you consult with an experienced immigration attorney for the best advice.

Good luck!

This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice. A consultation with an experienced attorney is always the best way to go.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


As a U.S. citizen, your mom could file an I-130 immigrant visa petition for her daughter. Depending on whether you are married or single, the category is currently backlogged between 7-10 years.

You should note that the TN category requires that you have non-immigrant intent and the filing of an immigrant visa petition on your behalf can have an impact on this.

I recommend consulting an immigration attorney to discuss permanent resident options.

Avi Friedman| Attorney at Law | Wolfsdorf Immigration Law Group | 1416 2nd Street | Santa Monica, CA 90401 | (T) 310-570-4088 x249 | (F) 310-570-4080 | | | Offices in Santa Monica, CA and New York City

This message is provided for general informational use only and is not specific legal advice. This communication does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics