My tenants have not paid rent in 3 months and I have served a 3 day pay or quit notice but they will not answer my calls now...

Asked almost 2 years ago - Delano, CA

They dont answer the door and all the phone numbers are changed.

1. Shazad Z Omar

Pro

2

Answered . If you have properly served a tenant with a three day notice to pay rent and the three days have expired, you need to file an unlawful detainer action to have the tenant removed from the property. Do not avail self-help in these circumstances. If you are unfamiliar with an unlawful detainer action, there are many attorneys who handle these matters expeditiously.

2. Steven Christophe Williams

1

Answered . The tenants aren't under any obligation to take your calls. The notice to pay rent or quit only obligates them to pay the rent or vacate. If they do neither, then they are in unlawful possession of the premises. The fact that they are avoiding you speaks volumes. Your recourse is to file an unlawful detainer action against them in the superior court and then have them served with that lawsuit. That will probably get their attention.

3. Carol Lynne Zimmerly

Pro

Answered . File the lawsuit. Do not call them. Do not visit them at the residence or their place of business.