My tenant still owes for this months rent (june) what kind of notice can i give? they are on a month to month lease

Asked over 1 year ago - Milwaukee, WI

my tenant owes for this month's rent but I want them out - they have already made it clear that they are not leaving and demand that I take them to court - what kind of notice can i give them and when can i file the paperwork?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Ryan Kastelic

    Contributor Level 8

    Answered . You need to first provide a 5 day pay or vacate notice and then if they do not pay it's a 14 day period to vacate the premises. Then after all of that you can file an eviction. Why don't you give me a call tomorrow at 414-395-0402, and I can provide some more in depth discussion.

    In accordance with the Avvo community guidelines, this communication does not constitute "legal advice", nor does... more

Related Topics

Notice to vacate property

A notice to vacate is a written notice from a landlord telling a tenant to move by a certain date. Often you'll have 30 days to leave, but state laws vary.

Caspar S. Jivalagian


A step-by-step approach to handling California Unlawful Detainer Actions NOTICE 3-Day-Notice to Cure or Quit: This notice is usually used when a tenant has failed to tender or if there is a... more

Month to month tenancy

A month to month lease is a flexible rental arrangement that lasts only a month, but renews automatically each month until the tenant or landlord cancels it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,099 answers this week

2,778 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,099 answers this week

2,778 attorneys answering