My tenant has been arrested for drug dealing, this is a single family home that I rent out in Osceola county fl.

Asked over 1 year ago - Kissimmee, FL

I have asked her to leave, she refuses claiming she has done nothing wrong. Can I evict?

1. Brandy Ann Peeples

Pro

2

1

Answered . Do you have a written lease? Most leases have clauses which require a tenant to adhere to laws, etc. and violation of those laws could be construed as a breach of your lease agreement.

Was your tenant dealing drugs from the house? The reason I ask is because Florida Statute 83.52 requires a tenant to: "Conduct him/herself, and require other persons on the premises with his/her consent, to conduct themselves in a manner that does not unreasonably disturb the tenant's neighbors or constitute a breach of the peace."

If the tenant has breached any terms of the written lease and/or the above requirement, you may be able to undertake actions to evict the tenant. If I were you, I'd consult a local landlord/tenant attorney in your area to make sure that, if you are trying to evict this tenant, you have (1) proper grounds to do so and (2) that any eviction is carried out properly and in accordance with the law.