My tenant deposit a partial payment in my bank. can I give them a 3 day notice to pay the balance?

Asked over 2 years ago - Elk Grove, CA

she said she'll pay balance on the 15 th but today is 17 and nothing yet

1. Richard Leigh Boyer

Pro

3

Answered . You bet. And you would be smart not to wait any longer. LL's get in trouble when they delay serving 3 day notices. You are running a business and need to protect yourself.

2. Frank Wei-Hong Chen

2

Answered . Yes, absolutely. Just make sure your 3-day notice to pay or quit accurately reflects the actual amount of unpaid rent.

3. Matthew Ronald Eason

Pro

2

Answered . Yes. In fact, we generally recommend that clients do just what you did. If the amount of the partial rent is greater than the burden of reserving a three day notice, take the money and just reserve. A bird in hand . . . If you need help with the eviction, please let me know.