My Tenant Abandon the house and left. Stole some of my Furniture as well.

Kennesaw, GA |

I have rented my property in Kennesaw GA. 4 bed New House. My Tenet got the house with Two year lease ending Dec 2010. One fine day two weeks back, Guy disappeared without paying my rent. He did stole my furniture valued more than 5K. I have filed the Police report and they are working on it.

I have already lost allot and want to find good attorney to work with. He owes me more that 10K. Two months rent, Lease break & Furniture. I do have Police Report, Keller Williams Legal lease contract, His ph no & email.

Looking forward to hear soon

Obviously you have a number of claims against the tenant, some of which depend on the language of the lease, and some based on his theft. Assuming you can find him, the answer is to file suit against him alleging ALL of the different claims you have. If the amount is less than $15K, you can file in magistrate court (small claims) otherwise you must file in state or superior court. We handle suits like this all the time; however, you need to be aware that claims of this size are not typically done on a contingency basis and you would be responsible for the cost of pursuing suit.

Nothing in this posting may be deemed to create an attorney client relationship.

Recommended articles about Real estate