My storage unit was auctioned yesterday, in NY.. I was not aware since I was away, family issues and because I was off the job

Asked 5 months ago - West Harrison, NY

Because of an injury was not able to afford current rent. But, regardless although nothing can be done since it was already auctioned.. My current and important issue is that I think that some legal documents such as passport, etc.. Was in there inside a file cabinet. I'm assuming because I cannot find it at my home. Is there a way for me to contact the person who bought my auction unit BEFORE they actually throw it away..? As the person who purchased my unit it may have considered a bunch of paperwork together as garbage and it's possible he/she can throw it away at once. I called the storage unit and they told me usually that if people find important documents they return it to the storage facility..BUT, is there a way I can contact this person to find out myself?

Is there a way that I can find out whom purchased my storage unit at auction, legally? I asked the storage facility and they wouldn't tell me the person..I assume or thought that I (Or someone) , if not somehow one can find out who won/purchased each individual unit? Is there a way to find out?

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

Answered . I have not done any legal research on this but my instinct is that you have no right to know who bought your stuff because you forfeited all rights to the stuff by failing to pay.