My storage unit lost all my belongings!

Asked 11 months ago - Newark, NJ

i was evicted july 25th as stated in my eviction notice that everything I couldn't take and left behind would be put into a storage unit and paid for the first month. On July 24th the sherriff came n said the same. 2 weeks later when I was settled in my new place I called the lawyers to the bank for the name of the storage facility and gave me the number to call. I called and gave them my name and the address everything was moved from and the woman said shell call me back in the evening.no call. called back 3 days later and the woman said my things were to be delivered and I said how I didn't give you my new address? Then she gave me a random address not in Nj & said someone (I don't even know) gave them that adress.. they suposed call me back its been 2 weeks they lost ALLL my belongings

1. Steven Todd Keppler

1

Answered . you need to speak to an attorney. you have rights that may have been violated; your landlord and this storage facility may be liable to you for damages.

2. Raymond Andrew Grimes

Pro

Answered . You would have to file a lawsuit against the storage facility. You will have to prove your damages, which means proving everything that was in the storage facility and the value of the items.