My storage unit contents were stolen in a storage unit in texas -- I have filed a complaint with attorney general of texas

Houston, TX |
Filed under: Lawsuits and disputes

my storage unit contents were stolen in a storage unit in texas -- I have filed a complaint with attorney general of texas

Not sure that notifying the AG of Texas will: (1) document the theft from law enforcement's perspective, (2) satisfy your insurer's requirements (3) engage the storage company (4) get your stuff back any time soon. But then I am NOT a TX attorney.

Seems like you went the bureaucratic route--many would have called police and the storage company first. Then maybe a lawyer.

Did you have a legal question?

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. DO NOT RELY ON ANY ADVICE YOU RECEIVE FROM ME OR ANY OTHER ATTORNEY IN THIS FORUM. Legal advice comes after a complete review of the facts and relevant documents and an expressed (written) agreement of representation that forms attorney-client confidentiality. Neither of these two events can occur in this forum. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. His answers to any Avvo question are rooted in general legal principles--NOT your specific state laws. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this or any other matter.

Have an attorney write the storage unit company. They likely have insurance for thefts. You don't indicate if by stolen, you mean sold at auction. If that's the case, you still need an attorney, but the case is far more complicated.