My step brother and sisters feel they are Intitled to my mothers money after the death of their father. What is possible?

Asked 5 months ago - 45331

Mother and step father had a pre nuptial, will and trust set up in Ohio where if Mother survived him she would inherit everything. Now step children have a lawyer to go back 20 years to investigate business dealings.

1. Charles Lawrence Huddleston III

Pro

2

1

Answered . There is not enough information here to give you a decent answer, and in any event, you really won't be able to know much about the legal posture of the case and the options you (and they) may have without sitting down with an expert Wills lawyer, reviewing the documents and allowing him or her to interview you with respect to specific facts.

If the Will and the pre-nup are old, they will probably stand up and be enforceable. I would suggest you consult with an attorney now so you are prepared if they choose to advance any claims against his estate.

2. Joseph Franklin Pippen Jr.

Pro

2

Answered . Twenty years is a long time and statute of limitations may limit what they can do.
    Hire an attorney if you receive a letter of their attorney.