My status is Asylum, i don't have a job right now. Do i need to fill the tax form?

Asked over 1 year ago - Fremont, CA

My status is Asylum, i don't have a job right now. And i have a baby. My only income is cash aid, food stamps. My husband hasn't immigrant to US, but he applied and it's already in process. We are living in some saving. Do i need to fill the tax form?

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

5

1

Answered . Tax question. For immigration purposes you need to comply with tax law. What that means, you will ask the tax attorneys. I reposted your quesiton there.

2. Bruce Givner

1

1

Answered . You are a U.S. resident so you must report taxable income just like a U.S. resident. It doesn't sound like you have any taxable income right now. You should get to know a competent tax return preparer so that you have someone to ask questions to as they arise.

3. Tripti Sharad Sharma

Pro

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.