My state and federal tax return fraud.

Asked about 1 year ago - Bronx, NY

I went with a women who call herself a tax preparer, she did my taxes but thug he way she did it we never agreed upon. She did my taxes on turbo tax she put in all my info but her account number for my state and federal she even signed my signature, i checked my accounts to see if i received my money i never did i called her she said she never received my money either to call the IRS, i did my research found out she sent them to her Wells dargo account i contacted the main branch for Wells Fargo and told them it's fraud she has my money and denying it and committed fraud by signing things for me. They told me to go to the nearest Wells Fargo and tell them. I got there and explained they told me a strong hold has.been placed on the account and i wasn't the only one it's been done too. I put

1. Steven Francis Schroeder

5

Answered . This may be preparer fraud. It is a very hot topic right know with the IRS. I would suggest contacting the IRS regarding the possible fraud. More than likely if this is happening to you it is happening to others she prepared returns for. Here is a link to the IRS Fraud web-site. http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/How-Do-You-Repor...

2. Matthew R. Smalls

Pro

3

Answered . In addition to contacting the IRS, you should also get a copy of your credit report. Go through the report and make sure that all of the accounts listed are in fact yours. This person may have opened accounts in your name. I would also contact Equifax, Experian and TransUnion, which are the Big 3 personal credit reporting entities, and have them place a fraud alert on your profile. If the tax preparer was bold enough to try to swindle you out of your tax return, then there is no telling what else she might have been up to in your name.

3. Evan A Nielsen

3

Answered . The IRS is the place to go to get this resolved. Contact them again but you'll have to be patient. There is substantial confusion regarding how to handle the issue at a policy level. You may also want to contact the Taxpayer Advocate in your area. They're an independent part of the IRS that can assist taxpayers with these types of issues - google to get the phone number in your area.

4. Richard Gordon Stack

Answered . What you have described sounds like a classic case of tax return preparer fraud. Whenever a tax preparer arranges to have the taxpayer's refund be deposited in her account, fraud and/or identity theft is definitely indicated. If you have not already done so, I suggest that you contact your local IRS office and report this incident, as well as report it to your local police department. You also should file a written complaint with the IRS, possibly even with IRS Criminal Investigation, which is tasked with investigating possible criminal violations of the Internal Revenue Code and related statutes in Title 18 of the United States Code.