My ss card says valid for work only with dhs authirization

I am Mexican living in Mexico, but have an American passport that expired 4 months ago and a ss card that says "valid for work only with dhs authorization". How can I renew my passport and go to America to work legally?

San Antonio, TX -

Find Out More

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

Immigration Attorney - New York, NY

Based on your post you are an American of Mexican descent who lives in his country of origin for now; If I understood you correctly, you can go to the US embassy and get your passport renewed; You SS has nothing to do with it; Once here, pay a visit to Social Security Administration and change your SS number - it will stay the same but will eliminate the annotation you hate so much

Alena Shautsova

Alena Shautsova

Immigration Attorney - Brooklyn, NY

Go to the US consulate in Mexico. Call them first to see what you need bring. Maybe you can do the whole operation without physically appearing there.

J Charles Ferrari

J Charles Ferrari

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

By applying for a new passport at the US Embassy/Consulate nearest you.