My spouse won her asylum case in immigration court. However, I have a final order of removal from many years ago. What can I do?

My spouse just won her refugee case in immigration court. I have a final order of removal from many years ago but I never left the United States (I live in NY). What can I do to get status?

New York, NY -

Alice Antonovsky

Alice Antonovsky

Immigration Attorney - Brooklyn, NY

Your spouse can file the Asylee/Refugee Relative petition for you. I highly urge you to contact an immigration attorney to assist you with this. Good Luck.

Gintare Grigaite

Gintare Grigaite

Immigration Attorney - Bayonne, NJ

You will need to file a motion to reopen your case. This is highly skilled and complex matter, so I highly recommend hiring an experienced immigration attorney.

Toria Lynn Dixon

Toria Lynn Dixon

Immigration Attorney - Hempstead, NY

Because you have a final order of removal from years ago, you will need to file a joint motion to reopen requesting the chief counsel's office to agree to reopen. It is strongly suggested that you obtain an immigration attorney to do this. My office routinely does this type of cases.

Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

Immigration Attorney - San Francisco, CA

You should contact an immigration attorney immediately to review your case. You may be able to get relief through your wife.

Jeffrey Jose Estrella

Jeffrey Jose Estrella

Immigration Attorney - New York, NY

Need an out of time motion to reopen based on equitable tolling doctrine. Then sit with your lawyer to discuss and employ all available forms of relief to get order vacated and get your status adjusted based on what relief you can apply for.

Hire a lawyer to protect your legal rights. Good Luck.

THE ESTRELLA LAW FIRM, P.C.

“LEGAL REPRESENTATION AND CONSULTING SERVICES THAT GO THE EXTRA MILE”

--

Jeffrey J. Estrella, Esq.
Licensed Attorney and Counsellor At Law/Abogado y Licensiado

Licensed in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut
The Estrella Law Firm, P.C.
75-20 Astoria Boulevard, Suite 170
Inside The Bulova Corporate Center
Jackson Heights, NY 11370
T. (347) 628-2391
F. (718) 672-4728
E. Estrella.Jeffrey@gmail.com

www.EstrellaLawyer.com

Nicklaus James Misiti

Nicklaus James Misiti

Immigration Attorney - New York, NY

Hire an attorney to file a motion to reopen. My firm handles such cases in NY.
Regards,
Nicklaus Misiti
Law Offices of Nicklaus Misiti
212 537 4407