My spouse won her asylum case in immigration court. However, I have a final order of removal from many years ago. What can I do?

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

My spouse just won her refugee case in immigration court. I have a final order of removal from many years ago but I never left the United States (I live in NY). What can I do to get status?

1. Alice Antonovsky

9

Answered . Your spouse can file the Asylee/Refugee Relative petition for you. I highly urge you to contact an immigration attorney to assist you with this. Good Luck.

2. Gintare Grigaite

7

Answered . You will need to file a motion to reopen your case. This is highly skilled and complex matter, so I highly recommend hiring an experienced immigration attorney.

3. Toria Lynn Dixon

5

Answered . Because you have a final order of removal from years ago, you will need to file a joint motion to reopen requesting the chief counsel's office to agree to reopen. It is strongly suggested that you obtain an immigration attorney to do this. My office routinely does this type of cases.

4. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

6

Answered . You should contact an immigration attorney immediately to review your case. You may be able to get relief through your wife.

5. Jeffrey Jose Estrella

4

Answered . Need an out of time motion to reopen based on equitable tolling doctrine. Then sit with your lawyer to discuss and employ all available forms of relief to get order vacated and get your status adjusted based on what relief you can apply for.

Hire a lawyer to protect your legal rights. Good Luck.

THE ESTRELLA LAW FIRM, P.C.

“LEGAL REPRESENTATION AND CONSULTING SERVICES THAT GO THE EXTRA MILE”

--

Jeffrey J. Estrella, Esq.
    Licensed Attorney and Counsellor At Law/Abogado y Licensiado

Licensed in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut
    The Estrella Law Firm, P.C.
    75-20 Astoria Boulevard, Suite 170
    Inside The Bulova Corporate Center
    Jackson Heights, NY 11370
    T. (347) 628-2391
    F. (718) 672-4728
    E. Estrella.Jeffrey@gmail.com

www.EstrellaLawyer.com

6. Nicklaus James Misiti

3

Answered . Hire an attorney to file a motion to reopen. My firm handles such cases in NY.
    Regards,
    Nicklaus Misiti
    Law Offices of Nicklaus Misiti
    212 537 4407