My spouse who is the plaintiff for the divorce sold the car which is in his name... this is personal property is it in violation

Stoughton, MA |

He assaulted me and has 3 counts of assault and battery domestic. he then filed divorce after I got a no abuse order and had me vacate the home..... he sold the care which is personal property is he in violation of the restraining order for divorce.

1. Upon filing and serving of a divorce complaint, a restraining order is placed upon both parties: they are prohibited from doing anything with the marital assets. For example, neither party can deplete their retirement accounts (though they can use some of the funds to hire an attorney) or sell cars/jewelry/etc., nor can either party create additional debt. While he may be in contempt of the RO, the assets and liabilities will be equalized when you are finally divorced. An experienced attorney will advise you and advocate for your interests.

The information provided here is not to be constituted as legal advice, and no attorney-client relationship is established.

2. It is!

Criminal Law (all misdemeanor & felonies in District and Superior Courts), Drunk Driving and Drug arrests, Sex Offenses, SORB, Crimes involving Violence or Theft, Domestic (Divorce, Child Custody, Alimony and Child Support) and Family Law (Modification, Contempts & Paternity), Juvenile Law, Domestic Violence and Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury claims, Probate Law (Guardianships, Conservatorships & Estate Administration) and Legal Malpractice. For these and other areas, contact me. NOTE: This preceding message DOES NOT create an attorney-client relationship. It is not a protected or confidential communication. The statements made herein are not to be interpreted as representations or warranties of any kind. No reliance should be placed on the statements made herein. It is recommended that the recipient(s) should undertake their own research to reach their own opinion. The writer does not accept professional responsibility on this matter. TO CREATE an attorney-client relationship REQUIRES a signed retainer/fee agreement along with a retainer fee that must be received by my office.

3. It depends on the reason for the sale. While neither party is supposed to make haphazard changes to the financial position of the parties, if he needed the funds to pay for his criminal case or the divorce, a court is unlikely to make a deal out of this.