My spouse lost her I-94 info. It expires in one week. She is applying for green card and needs this info for I-485. Help.

Applying for lost I-94 takes up to 3 months. We don't have that much time to wait to apply for green card? What does she need to do?

Riverside, CA -

Find Out More

Tripti Sharad Sharma

Tripti Sharad Sharma

Immigration Attorney - Newark, CA

Form I-102 can be filed along with I-130/ I-485. This is assuming you are USC applying for spouse who entered with inspection.

Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

Immigration Attorney - San Francisco, CA

I agree with my colleagues

Michael E. Piston

Michael E. Piston

Immigration Attorney - Troy, MI

I assume that you are a U.S. citizen. If so, then all your wife needs to prove her eligibility for adjustment of status is that she were inspected and admitted into the U.S. Normally a stamp in her passport showing that she was admitted to the U.S. is sufficient to satisfy this requirement. Therefore she should be able to submit a copy of her passport in lieu of her I-94. At the same time she should apply for a replacement of her I-94.