My spouse is on probation but the courts won't stop harassing me...

Asked 11 months ago - Denver, CO

Hi, my spouse is on ECU probation for theft and her probation officer keeps asking about money and our life style. My wife is on disability (pending SSDI check) and I am the one who works. We were not married at the time she was convicted. I work very hard for my money and I'm an innocent victim in this situation, yet the courts won't stop asking about my income and about her paying more money (unreasonable amount), as well as how mad they are about where we live (as it's a nice area/place) but it was my choice as I am paying for it all. Does anyone have answers or anything about this? We are looking for representation as well. Thanks.

1. Charles Patrick Greenwood

5

1

Answered . You are not on probation, so you do not have to tell them anything, you don't have to talk to them at all, and you can simply hang up the phone when they call. However, if you are married, then she may have to report all the marital assets/income and not just her own. I would need to know more about the specifics of your finances and the terms of her probation to give you legal advice on what to report. You'll need to seek out an attorney for that advice.

2. Christopher Daniel Leroi

2

Answered . Perfect answer by Mr. Greenwood and I would highly encourage you to contact him about representation