My spouse has filed for divorce. I have no money to pay an attorney to represent me. I am on Disability due to Fibromyalgia.

Asked over 3 years ago - Kennesaw, GA

My huband has left the state, and left no provisions for me. We have a home, which he says is his, and he wants me out of it. We have been married 14 years, but together for 21 years, and acquired the home before our marriage, but while we were together. He claims the house is his, regardless. I can't afford an attorney to fight for my rights. I can't afford to stay in the home on my disability income alone. Do I have any rights or claims, if I have no one to represent me? I live in Georgia.

My husband has owned a business, but now says he has "closed" it down, and has no income from it. How can I find out if he has sold it, or is having someone else run it for him? We moved from Florida, 21 years ago, because he wanted to, and now he has moved back to Fl., leaving me here, where I have No family, as they are all in Florida.

1. Joshua Ray Welch

Answered . Another resource you should explore is Georgia Legal Aid. They provide assistance to low income individuals and could possibly help in your situation. Please see link below.

2. Leron E. Rogers

Answered . At a minimum, you should send your husband Interrogatories and requests for production of documents. Many county courthouses have a law library or family assistance center that can help you prepare these documents from your husband. He will be required to respond adn hopefully you will get answers to your questions.

3. Valorie L. Kohn

Answered . I am sorry for your situation. I would recommend you contact the State Bar in Georgia to determine if there are any agencies in Georgia who assist persons in your situation for free or nominal fees. Sometimes a law school has legal clinics for its students who might be able to assist you and/or their may be a local bar association in the city in which you live that could provide you with information.