My spouse filed for divorce in 2011 in Gregg County, he changed his mind. But i still want to dissolve the marriage. Do i have

Asked almost 2 years ago - Gladewater, TX

to file now or ask him to continue

1. Theresa Cay Langford

2

Answered . If your husband's case is still pending (call the clerk and ask), then you only need to file a counterpetition to force it forward. A counterpetition is cheaper than an original petition. If the case has been dismissed for want of prosecution, then you have to start over.

2. Thomas James Daley

Pro

Answered . I agree with Ms. Langford. If the case is still pending, file a counterpetition. That way he can't cancel the case (nonsuit the case) out from under you.