Skip to main content

My spouse filed an order of default against me for a blue form I did not receive. What form do I need to file back?

Westminster, MD |
Filed under: Divorce

I did not receive this blue form but to my understanding if I do not respond somehow that when we are in court I will not be able to speak on my own behalf. I have tried to find out through the County what I need to do but have been unable to find the correct form needed. Unfortunately, I have left the divorce filing to my spouse and he just tells me that I do not have to do anything just show up. But already he is not paying the child support amount listed on our separation agreement which he drafted. He says he can do so but to my understanding that is a binding agreement. If I cannot speak in court then how will I dispute his lack of paying the agreed upon amount? Again, I need to know what form to dispute the order of default.

Attorney Answers 1


You need to immediately consult with an experienced family law attorney. I would not rely on advice from your spouse. What form you need depends on what has been filed in the case. If a default has been entered, you may have the default vacated depending on the circumstances, but you need to act quickly. In addition, even in a default scenario, if custody is at issue, you may be still be heard in court.

Mark as helpful

Divorce topics

Recommended articles about Divorce

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics