Skip to main content

My spouse was drunk and he pushed me i was not hurt but i reacted by dialing 911 he is now in jail he shouldnt be pls help me

Lacey, WA |

i dialed 911 then hung up immediately i truly just reacted and said how could you push me i am calling 911 then did but pushed 911 then end on my phone the police still showed up and took my husband to jail He does not belong in jail he did not do anything to put him in jail he has never committed a crime or been in jail or hit or hurt me i am so scared for him they took him in Friday night and said i could not speak to him until monday when he would have a hearing what do i do?? do i get an attoryney for him help me please i do not know what to do i am so scared for my husband

Attorney Answers 4


Sorry to hear about your husband's legal woes. Here's how things are going to go down:

Arraignment: The court must arraign your husband within 72 hours of his arrest. This is his chance to enter a plea of not guilty. The court will order conditions of release which will include a no contact order with you. I don't know whether Lacey, or Thurston County District Court has a specific bail policy for DV cases. Some courts set minimum bail amounts ($500-$750) for Assault 4 DV and similar cases.
No Contact Order (NCO). The NCO will prevent all contact between you and your husband. He cannot contact you directly, indirectly, or through third parties. He can’t call you, write you, text you, FB post you, etc. The two of you will have to live apart until the NCO is withdrawn.
Assigned Counsel. Your husband will be screened for a publicly funded attorney at the Arraignment. The court will look at his income and expenses and determine whether he should be provided an attorney at public expense. There are some fantastic Assigned Counsel lawyers out there. The biggest difference, on average, between private and public attorneys is caseload. Private attorneys generally handle fewer cases at any given time. That means that we can spend a little more time returning calls and holding hands.

Bail. There are a couple of ways to post bail. You can use a bail bond company which will charge you either 10% of the bail amount, or $150, whichever is more. So on $750 bail you would pay a bond company $150. You'll never get that money back. An alternative is to post the entire bail amount with the court where your husband is charged. When your husband’s case is done, you’ll get all the money back from the court.

Pre Trial Conference (PTC). At the Arraignment the court will set the PTC. The PTC is generally set within six weeks of the Arraignment. If your husband is in custody at the time of his Arraignment, the court will probably set the PTC within the next couple of weeks. The PTC is your husband’s first chance to negotiate a settlement of the case with the prosecutor.

Settlement Negotiations. After we receive police reports and a copy of the 911hangup, we would meet with your husband to go over all the evidence the prosecutor wants to use against you. After that meeting, we would meet with you to discuss your possible testimony.

Many of these cases end in a dismissal. Unfortunately, during the case you and your husband will have to live apart. Feel free to call me on my cell phone at 253-592-2812

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree


Since he is in jail and you have information that will help him you need to talk to an attorney now. Or you wait until he gets appointed an attorney if you don't have the money to hire a private attorney. Call me if you want to ask specific questions. Or call an attorney in your immediate area

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


What state?
Get a lawyer. Go to court on Monday with a lawyer. This is important.

Does this answer your question?

henry lebensbaum esq 300 Brickstone Sq Ste 201 andover, ma -- (978) 749-3606.
Criminal Law (all courts), Drunk Driving, Drugs, Violence, Sex Offenses, theft, SORB, Divorce Child Custody Alimony Child Support & Modification, Contempts & Paternity Juveniles Domestic Violence & Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury, Guardianship, Conservatorship & Estate Administration & Legal Malpractice. For these & other areas, contact me. Email sent may be copied intercepted or held by computers.

Criminal Law (all misdemeanor & felonies in District and Superior Courts), Drunk Driving and Drug arrests, Sex Offenses, SORB, Crimes involving Violence or Theft, Domestic (Divorce, Child Custody, Alimony and Child Support) and Family Law (Modification, Contempts & Paternity), Juvenile Law, Domestic Violence and Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury claims, Probate Law (Guardianships, Conservatorships & Estate Administration) and Legal Malpractice. For these and other areas, contact me. NOTE: This preceding message DOES NOT create an attorney-client relationship. It is not a protected or confidential communication. The statements made herein are not to be interpreted as representations or warranties of any kind. No reliance should be placed on the statements made herein. It is recommended that the recipient(s) should undertake their own research to reach their own opinion. The writer does not accept professional responsibility on this matter. TO CREATE an attorney-client relationship REQUIRES a signed retainer/fee agreement along with a retainer fee that must be received by my office.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


Well, you've learned a hard lesson, I hope. Do not call the police because you are angry or startled. Do call them if you are in danger. Once police are called, you lose control of the situation. They are trained to look for evidence of a crime and someone they can call a criminal. They arrest criminals. They do not mediate family disputes.

I hope that this can be worked out. It will best be worked out with your husband having a good local criminal defense lawyer.

Confidential information should not be disclosed in this Internet forum. Click on the "More..." link for IMPORTANT INFORMATION about this AVVO Answer. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . I am an experienced Wisconsin lawyer. The laws in each jurisdiction can be very different. I cannot give legal advice over the internet nor can I establish an attorney client relationship with you. You should NOT assume or otherwise conclude that there is an attorney -client relationship between any reader and this writer or his firm. These comments are only guideposts. They are not subject to any privilege protections. Indeed, these internet communications are neither privileged nor confidential. Accordingly, those using this form of communication need to be guarded in what they write. Because of the nature of these communications the information is general only and should not be relied upon in any specific case. This internet site is public forum, where the communications are not confidential or privileged. There may very well be merit to your defense or position in this type of situation. However, there are hardly sufficient details for an attorney to provide you with some path to follow. It is imperative that ALL of the facts in a particular situation be examined. No conclusion can be drawn from the communication that you have provided. There are some matters that are just better handled by an attorney familiar with the procedures of the courts in your area. Most, if not all, legal matters should not be handled via internet communication. At best, the responders on this site can give you a few hints and guidance. To deal with a legal problem, nothing is better than to consult with a lawyer who will give you some time and advice. If you cannot afford an attorney, there should be agencies in your area that can provide discounted, or even free, legal services. For a definitive answer you should seek legal advice from an attorney who (1) is licensed to practice in the state which has jurisdiction; (2) has experience in the area of law you are asking about, and (3) has been retained as your attorney for representation or consultation. Your question and the attorney’s answer may be used for promotional or educational purposes.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics