My Spouse and i on h1b visa. We have a baby born in USA. Spouse was extremly abusive. Am i eligible immigration under VAWA?

Asked 4 months ago - King Of Prussia, PA

My baby and i faced lot of abuse from my spouse. am i eligible for immigration under VAWA or any other law ?

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

7

1

Answered . Given that your abusive spouse is not a US citizen or a permanent resident, a VAWA petition will not do you much good nor procure you a green card. A U visa is what you should be striving for and investigating with the help of a competent immigration lawyer.

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

7

Answered . No, but you might be eligible for a U visa depending on how abusive and what steps you ahve taken to protect yourself. Talk to an immigration attorney.

3. Alexander Joseph Segal

6

4. Rizwan M Khalid

3

Answered . Please look into other options as VAWA will not work in your situation. I hope you get out of this relationship for your and your baby's sake. PFA will help. Good luck to you

5. Theodore John Murphy

Pro

2

Answered . No. To be eligible for benefits under VAWA the abuser must be a US citizen or permanent resident. You may however be eligible for a U-visa.

6. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

3

Answered . Any H1B issues logically and legally must be addressed to the sponsoring company's immigration attorney vested with a professional responsibility to handle all collateral arising issues with such immigrant visas as their exact procedural completion cannot be ever resolved by a short online paragraph.