My spouse & I recently separated & the other day she had me served with a temporary restraining order

Asked over 4 years ago - Westminster, CO

This temporary restraining order makes a couple false allegations towards me as well as has a court date of which the deputy that served me indicated that legally I did not have to attend, but would waive my rights to ever owning a firearm in the state if I did not.
My concern is that if I do attend the court date and based from the false allegations in the restraining order, I am concerned that law enforcement officials might arrest me when I show up for the hearing based on her false allegations in the report.
Can you provide me with any insight to what I might be able to expect if I do show up for the hearing as well as what to expect if I don’t show up for the hearing?

1. Culver Winston Van Der Jagt

Pro

1

1

Best Answer

Answered . Please seek out an attorney... Restraining Orders are difficult to fight and you will need to be very well prepared for the hearing. Are there children involved? It makes a pretty big difference as to what your approach should be. Dodging a hearing is normally not a good idea under any circumstanes. You need to defend yourself (or better yet get an attorney to help you defend yourself) if you can show that they are false allegations.
    Culver
    303-345-3508
    This advice does not create an attorney-client relationship.

2. Michael Douglas Shafer

Answered . Go to an attorney and explain completely. If there are false allegations in the TRO, you should and must indicate this to the court.