My sponsor she going to file i-864 and she self employed but she didnt have her W-2 AND FORM 1099?

Asked 5 months ago - Fort Collins, CO

What kind of paper she need to send of she dont have her W-2 and form 1099. thank you

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Stephen D. Berman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . Perhaps she has Schedules A, C etc, to establish what her income is.

    The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an... more
  2. Kelly Lynn Ryan

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . In addition to what my colleagues mention, she might have a K-1. She could also ask her employer and contractor to provide her with an additional copy of the W-2s and 1099s.

    Please note that this response is for informational purposes only and does not create an attorney-client relationship.
  3. Jenae Louise Randall

    Contributor Level 5


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . Perhaps she could obtain a letter from her employer stating her wages, or proof of other income such as SSI or disability? You could also obtain recent pay stubs.

  4. Renee M. Dagher

    Contributor Level 8


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . The joint sponsor will need proof of income. You should file their income tax copies, a letter on their company letterhead stating they own the business and how much they make and their articles of incorporation.

    The information contained in this site is for general guidance on matters of interest only. The application and... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,885 answers this week

2,889 attorneys answering

Legal Dictionary

Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.

Browse our legal dictionary