My special gift of promissory note & deed of trust=has incomplete address & wrong npa number==address should show ct. but don't

Asked over 1 year ago - Apple Valley, CA

is this still a legal doctument for collecting rent .

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Charles Adam Shultz

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . Collection of rent has to do with ownership. That is technically separate from the deed. If the legal description on the deed is correct and the intent was to gift to you, delivery of the signed notarized deed to you or the recorder is sufficient for ownership in you. That said, a correcting deed should be prepared showing the correct APN and address. You should use an attorney for that so you get it right this time.

    The general advice above does not constitute an attorney-client relationship: you haven't hired me or my firm or... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,793 answers this week

3,216 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,793 answers this week

3,216 attorneys answering