My special gift of promissory note & deed of trust=has incomplete address & wrong npa number==address should show ct. but don't

Apple Valley, CA |

is this still a legal doctument for collecting rent .

1. Collection of rent has to do with ownership. That is technically separate from the deed. If the legal description on the deed is correct and the intent was to gift to you, delivery of the signed notarized deed to you or the recorder is sufficient for ownership in you. That said, a correcting deed should be prepared showing the correct APN and address. You should use an attorney for that so you get it right this time.

The general advice above does not constitute an attorney-client relationship: you haven't hired me or my firm or given me confidential information by posting on this public forum, and my answer on this public forum does not constitute attorney-client advice. IRS Circular 230 Disclosure: In order to comply with requirements imposed by the Internal Revenue Service, we inform you that any U.S. tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments) is not intended to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing, or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein. While I am licensed to practice in New York and California, I do not actively practice in New York. Regardless, nothing said should be deemed an opinion of law of any state. All readers need to do their own research or pay an attorney for a legal opinion if one is necessary or desired.