Skip to main content

My soon to be ex wife filed and was granted a restraining order she alleged abuse and stalking and threatening there was no

Whitehall, PA |

such event. She lives in Maryland I live in Pennsylvania. There is a standing child custody order in PA. I was in court last week to challenge the TRO during that hearing she said I left the home 1 month before the alleged act and that she based the staking off of the kids saying they saw a similar vehicle like mine in the area the kids are 10 and 12..she didn't claim to have seen me. She hasn't allowed me to have contact with the children for the past 6 months the TRO list her only and gave custody to her. The PA custody order dated 12/23/2008 states primary to her and partial to me and visitation and phone contact to do I handle the TRO custody issue. I recently made a motion of Contempt in PA custody order she refused to register the order in MD i petitioned MD to do so

Attorney Answers 3

  1. You should consult privately with an attorney as there are more facts needed to assist you. You might need to discuss the restraining order issues with a Maryland attorney

    All information provided in this comment is intended for informational purposes only and does not, by itself, create an attorney client relationship. Without the benefit a personal consultation to exploe all of the facts of your legal problem, the information in this posting may be inaccurate and for that reason it should not be relied upon. If you wish to consult with an attorney, or have any questions concerning this comment, please feel free to contact our offices through any of the above contact sources.

  2. Since the children are in Maryland, there is a strong possibility that the custody action will now be brought down there under the UCCJEA. The issue of the TRO is serious, and can be lifted if there are facts later that show the previous facts were wrong or misstated, or that Mother isn't really scared of you (if she is meeting and talking to you constantly, then she isn't frightened and you could ask the PFA be dropped). But, the TRO in place will make custody difficult. Speak to a Maryland attorney about the action to ensure you are granted custodial rights and your children are protected. All the best.

    My comments are provided for general information purposes only. Nothing on this or associated pages, documents, comments, answers, emails, or other communications through Avvo should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. The information on this website is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. Lawyers are licensed to practice on a state by state basis; do not act on information contained on this website without first speaking to an attorney licensed to practice in your state

  3. There are many serious issues here that cannot be handled by you alone. You should consult with an attorney to review all your options. Good luck.

Family law topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics