My soon to be ex wife filed and was granted a restraining order she alleged abuse and stalking and threatening there was no

Asked about 1 year ago - Whitehall, PA

such event. She lives in Maryland I live in Pennsylvania. There is a standing child custody order in PA. I was in court last week to challenge the TRO during that hearing she said I left the home 1 month before the alleged act and that she based the staking off of the kids saying they saw a similar vehicle like mine in the area the kids are 10 and 12..she didn't claim to have seen me. She hasn't allowed me to have contact with the children for the past 6 months the TRO list her only and gave custody to her. The PA custody order dated 12/23/2008 states primary to her and partial to me and visitation and phone contact to me..how do I handle the TRO custody issue. I recently made a motion of Contempt in PA custody order she refused to register the order in MD i petitioned MD to do so

1. Stewart C Crawford Jr.

Pro

3

1

Answered . You should consult privately with an attorney as there are more facts needed to assist you. You might need to discuss the restraining order issues with a Maryland attorney

2. Paul Dominic Edger

3

Answered . Since the children are in Maryland, there is a strong possibility that the custody action will now be brought down there under the UCCJEA. The issue of the TRO is serious, and can be lifted if there are facts later that show the previous facts were wrong or misstated, or that Mother isn't really scared of you (if she is meeting and talking to you constantly, then she isn't frightened and you could ask the PFA be dropped). But, the TRO in place will make custody difficult. Speak to a Maryland attorney about the action to ensure you are granted custodial rights and your children are protected. All the best.

3. Robert C. Keller

Answered . There are many serious issues here that cannot be handled by you alone. You should consult with an attorney to review all your options. Good luck.