Skip to main content

My sons paternal grandparents are taking me to court for visiting rights after over 3 yrs of having nocontact. will they win?

Youngstown, OH |

the father of my son has no visiting rights and has not had contact with my son in over a year

Attorney Answers 2

  1. Best answer

    If you have concerns, you need to adequately address them. That can be hard to do without a lawyer. Your child also has the right to be "heard" via a guardian ad litem. This person is selected by the court (usually lawyers, social workers or psychologist) to investigate and advocate for your child. Both sides will be forced to pay the GALs fees. Also, you will need to consider the child's father's position in the matter. If you can afford it, it is best to have representation. Best wishes!

  2. Ohio has made it increasingly easier for grandparents to get visitation with the grandchildren. You may lose especially if you don't hire an attorney to contest the issue. I suggest hiring a good local family law attorney who can help you.

    The responses of Attorney Chris Beck to any questions posed on Avvo do NOT establish an Attorney-client relationship. Attorney Beck is available for private hire and consultation for a fee. Only after Attorney Beck is retained as counsel, or agrees to discuss this matter with you privately, shall he be legally deemed to be your Attorney. His responses herein are an attempt to assist persons temporarily based upon the very extremely limited amount of information provided by the questioner

Family law topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics