My sons friend stole checks from his condo, made them to himself and forged my sons name. he stole 830. what can we do?

Johnson City, TN |

my sons friend from childhood was unemployed and my son asked him to come by his condo twice daily for which
he paid him, to let his dog out. he wrote the last check to him 07/29/10. he had paid him for 2 months. beginning the 1st of august 2010 until sept 29th his friend had stolen checks
and made them to himself and forged by sons name and taken them to the bank and cashed them. total money stolen was $830. he has admitted immediately to doing this. he said he is hooked on pain medication. my son also has text messages with him admitting to taking the money. what can we do to prosecute? i am the mother and my name is on the account as well

If the $830 was more than your son owed this friend (it's not clear from what you wrote), you can call the police and file charges against him. You can also sue the bank in small claims, because they shouldn't have paid a check with a false signature.

DISCLAIMER - THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE, AND NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP IS CREATED. THIS IS FOR GENERAL INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY.