My son was transferred from a county camp back to prison, he was not in trouble at the county camp just suffered with migranes.

Asked over 2 years ago - 31063

he has not been able to make store calls because the peoples at the prison claim his account is close, how can you close an inmate account and what can possibly be the reason? this is his third week without store and money is definitely on his account. what should i do?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Anthony John Colleluori

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Start by calling the prison and asking what the problem is. Be polite. No matter what you find out STAY POLITE.
    If you do not fix the snag with that call, contact the State DIvision of prisons or Dept of corrections. If they give you a run around or stall you, call the best civil rights lawyer you can find and ask them to become involved.

    DOn't forget to ask for help from your state's NACDL Affiliate as well.
    Money helps but even if you are poor, contact the closest law school and see if they have a post conviction program or at least a professor you can contact.

    Good luck

    This answer does not, nor is it intended to, create an attorney-client relationship or constitute attorney... more
  2. Harry Edward Hudson Jr

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . The transfer may be due to his health problems.
    See the peron responsible for transfers of funds in inmate accounts and have them provide you with an accounting.

    The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client... more
  3. Richard Joseph Albanese

    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . Prison officials can answer this but i would reiterate to be polite and not hostile in tone when calling to get the most helpful information.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,668 answers this week

3,121 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,668 answers this week

3,121 attorneys answering