MY SON WAS STOP FOR A TRAFFIC AND WAS IN POSSESSION OF MARIJUANA.IWANTED TO KNOW THE LEGAL COST FOR FRIST OFFENSE.

Austin, TX |

NOMORE DETAILS

1. Rates vary from attorney to attorney. Most offer free consultations. I would call a few in your area and set up appointments to discuss the case with them in detail. This will give you an idea of how they would handle the case as well as their fees and payment plans.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at www.macyjaggers.com for more information about her services and recent victories.

2. Rates vary from attorney to attorney. I regularly practice in Travis and Hays County and I also offer a free consultation.

3. Possession of marijuana is a class "b" misdemeanor punishable by up to 180 days in jail and a fine of up to $2000. In my 20 years of experience in Austin I have been able to get most first time possession of marijuana cases dismissed.
    www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com
    512-495-1813
    Austin Marijuana Lawyer

My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for a full consultation with a local experienced criminal defense attorney. For more answers based on my 19 years of experience visit my website, www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com

4. The fee that a lawyer will charge will depend on a number of variables, but in Austin you can get a good lawyer on such a case for $3,000 or less. Fines, court costs, etc. also can vary a lot depending on a number of things, but could be anywhere between 2 or 3 hundred dollars up to 4 or 5 thousand, depending on what's involved.

This answer is intended to be taken as general information and not as specific legal advice. You should always consult a qualified attorney and make him familiar with all the relevant facts in order to get proper legal advice. Every case is different, and they must be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. David N. Smith 812 W. 11th Street, Suite 201 Austin TX 78701 (512) 457-0100 defenseattorneysmith.com

5. Contact a local criminal attorney for a free consultation. They will be able to answer any questions you may have.

www.austintriallawyers.com

6. The cost will vary depending on the attorney , the attorney's experience, etc. I have an office in San Marcos, and would be happy to give a free consultation. I have 18 years experience handling these kinds of cases. You can call me at any time at (325) 998-3801