Skip to main content

My son was recently arrested on burglary in the first/second degree,larceny,possesion of burglary tools.

Greensboro, NC |

He also was charged with 2 counts of possesion of a firearm by a felon,conspiring to commit a felony as well.He has a prior felony from Oklahoma,and was wanted on a misdemenor warrent in Guilford County.I told my wife why get an attorney,he's going back to prison,she insists we do.How much time is he possibly looking at here in North Carolina?His bond is currently $100,000.His prior in Oklahoma was for Battery against a law enforcement officer also.

Attorney Answers 2


Cannot address the issue of attorney fees. The idea of defense includes not only obtaining an acquital but, if the acquital is not possible, a reduction or dismissal of charges or some sentence other than the max.
Whether or not you retain private counsel or let him proceed with the public defender is your decision. You will find competent and hard working attorneys as well as sloths in both groups.

The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client relationship as this forum does not provide for a confidential communication.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


There is no confidentiality online. Volunteering to answer this question does not create an attorney-client relationship. The accused is presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. The likelihood of a positive outcome- exoneration or a mitigated sentence- is increased with the help of an experienced criminal litigator. Seek out an experienced criminal litigator for a free consultation. If you cannot find one on Avvo, search at the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers ( Speak to several attorneys and hire the one that makes you feel confident and comfortable. NACDL local members:

Educational purposes answer. | | | | | Non-privileged answer.

Mark as helpful

Violent crime topics

Recommended articles about Violent crime

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics