My son was on Probation for Theft/Felony. after 1 yr he decided to do 90 days time served. what do PLD TRU S/MRP/M mean.

Houston, TX |

this is the court result for him going to court 5/15/13

1. It means that the State filed a motion to revoke his probation and he pled true (guilty, essentially) to it.

Joseph Vinas answers questions on Avvo for general information and not as legal advice. Those answers do not establish an attorney/client relationship. Please contact Mr. Vinas at (713) 229-9992 for a FREE CONSULTATION or visit his website at www.vgsfirm.com

2. It sounds like he entered a plea of true to the motion to revoke his probation. Those other abbreviations could mean any number of things. Different counties use different codes. I'm guessing MRP means motion to revoke probation. M may stand for misdemeanor. It sounds like you properly understand the disposition.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at www.macyjaggers.com for more information about her services and recent victories.