Skip to main content

My son was on a rope swing at a friends house the rope was hung a few days earlier when he was on it the rope broke causing Tbi

Genesee, MI |

Do I have a negligent case both parents were home at the time and aware of the new swing

Attorney Answers 11

  1. Yes. I think that is a very good case that would be covered by the parents homeowners insurance. Contact a personal injury attorbey ASAP.

    My answer to you question does not constitute legal advice. Only an in person or telephone consultation will result in an attorney/client relationship. Call me at (313)402-0853 to discuss your matter further.

  2. In these type of premises liability cases, we would look at the home owners, whoever was supervising the children, and the person(s) who set up the rope swing, amongst others in determining those who may be possibly liable for the injuries to your son. You should contact an experienced personal injury/premises liability attorney as soon as possible so an appropriate investigation can be conducted.

    Please understand this is a general answer for the benefit and entertainment of the public and no attorney client relationship is established. Said attorney-client relationship with Answering Attorney is not established until and if a written engagement agreement is executed by all parties and an agreed upon retainer is tendered.

  3. I am very sorry to hear about your situation.

    Yes. Consult with a local personal injury lawyer to fully evaluate your case. Your lawyer should secure the rope, the swing, and any and all other available evidence. Consult with counsel immediately to make sure important evidence is preserved.

    Good luck.

  4. You should contact an attorney immediately. Is the rope swing still around? Do you have pictures?

    If you feel this is the "best" answer or is "helpful," please indicate. Since I am limited to the information you provide, I cannot guarantee the accuracy of the answer. You should seek the advise of an attorney who can explore all aspects of your question. This communication does not form an attorney client relationship.

  5. I would say so. Do the parents own the home? When did this happen? Did the police investigate? Where is the rope now?

    Always consult an attorney IMMEDIATELY as there are time limitations on filing a lawsuit.

  6. I am so very sorry to read of your family's situation.

    You MUST obtain counsel immediately. A personal injury attorney will know how to gather the important medical records, communicate with the insurance carrier for the other family, and advance a righteous claim on your child's behalf.

    Best of luck to all of you.

    In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

  7. It sounds like there is a substantial injury and possibly liability. Please retain someone at your earliest convenience and bring with you any pictures, records, and information that you have to assist your attorney. Good luck to you.

  8. A personal injury lawyer will likely pursue a claim against their homeowner's insurance.

  9. You should definitely contact a local personal injury attorney to discuss your options.

    My discussion with you regarding the question you posted on Avvo does not create an attorney-client relationship, nor is my response to your question to be considered legal advice. While I do my best to provide helpful responses given the factual scenario presented, proper analysis of any matter requires a more in-depth conversation than what is practical on Avvo. If you are a member of the military, or if an immediate family member of yours lost his or her life while fighting for our country, I am proud to offer a 10% discount on my fee.

  10. It sounds like you have a very strong case. You should contact an attorney right away.

  11. I have had several similar type cases. You need to hire a personal injury lawyer to investigate this case. If your son's friends parents have homeowners insurance, it should be covered under their policy. There are several theories of liability under this premises liability case. Failure of the parents to properly supervise is one of the theories. Sorry to hear about the accident. Please hire a personal injury lawyer.

Personal injury topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics