My son was on a rope swing at a friends house the rope was hung a few days earlier when he was on it the rope broke causing Tbi

Asked 10 months ago - Genesee, MI

Do I have a negligent case both parents were home at the time and aware of the new swing

1. Timothy J. Klisz

Pro

15

1

Answered . Yes. I think that is a very good case that would be covered by the parents homeowners insurance. Contact a personal injury attorbey ASAP.

2. Allen M. Wolf

Pro

14

1

Answered . In these type of premises liability cases, we would look at the home owners, whoever was supervising the children, and the person(s) who set up the rope swing, amongst others in determining those who may be possibly liable for the injuries to your son. You should contact an experienced personal injury/premises liability attorney as soon as possible so an appropriate investigation can be conducted.

3. Daniel J. Melican

12

1

Answered . I would say so. Do the parents own the home? When did this happen? Did the police investigate? Where is the rope now?

Always consult an attorney IMMEDIATELY as there are time limitations on filing a lawsuit.
  4. Jason Todd Studinski

12

1

Answered . I am very sorry to hear about your situation.

Yes. Consult with a local personal injury lawyer to fully evaluate your case. Your lawyer should secure the rope, the swing, and any and all other available evidence. Consult with counsel immediately to make sure important evidence is preserved.

5. Philip Anthony Fabiano

11

1

Answered . You should contact an attorney immediately. Is the rope swing still around? Do you have pictures?

6. Daniel Nelson Deasy

10

1

Answered . I am so very sorry to read of your family's situation.

You MUST obtain counsel immediately. A personal injury attorney will know how to gather the important medical records, communicate with the insurance carrier for the other family, and advance a righteous claim on your child's behalf.

Best of luck to all of you.

7. Josh P Tolin

10

Answered . It sounds like there is a substantial injury and possibly liability. Please retain someone at your earliest convenience and bring with you any pictures, records, and information that you have to assist your attorney. Good luck to you.

Pro

10

Answered . A personal injury lawyer will likely pursue a claim against their homeowner's insurance.

9. Mickey David Larson

5

Answered . You should definitely contact a local personal injury attorney to discuss your options.

10. David B. Carter Jr.

Pro

4

Answered . It sounds like you have a very strong case. You should contact an attorney right away.

11. Gerald R Stahl

Pro

3

Answered . I have had several similar type cases. You need to hire a personal injury lawyer to investigate this case. If your son's friends parents have homeowners insurance, it should be covered under their policy. There are several theories of liability under this premises liability case. Failure of the parents to properly supervise is one of the theories. Sorry to hear about the accident. Please hire a personal injury lawyer.