My son was injured twice in the boys restroom.

Crockett, TX |

My son was injured twice in the boys restroom. The first incident a student pushed my son head into the urinal and left his head red and he stated that it hurt. The second incident was cause in the boys restroom where a 4th grade was in the bathroom with my son who is a 3rd grader and he picked up my son and slammed him to the floor causing a swollen lump the size of a quarter on his left side of his head. I took him to the ER to get documentation.

You really need to inform the school of these incidents if you have not done so already. Most government services are immune from suit so you may need to go after the other student's parents, given they are aware of their child's dangerous propensities. In addition to requesting administrative disciple of the students consult with a local attorney to determine your next step in filing suit and identifying the possible defendants. Good luck, I'm sorry your son experienced this.

-Michael R. Juarez Law Office of Juarez and Schaeffer PO Box 16216 San Diego, CA 92105 (619) 804-4327 www.jslaw.org Mike@jslaw.org This posting is provided for “information purposes” only and should not be relied upon as "legal advice." Nothing transmitted from this posting constitutes the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. Applicability of the legal principles discussed here may differ substantially in individual situations or in different jurisdictions.

2. Sorry to read this. Bullying should not be countanenced. Hope your son is well.

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff www.nyelderinjurylaw.com

3. This is criminal in nature and you should be contacting the police, notifying the Principal, the School District Superintendent, and your School Board! This bullying and behavior should not be tolerated or accepted. You may also want to contact a school law expert, Like Martin Cirkiel in Round Rock, Texas for more assistance.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. I hope my information is helpful to you. If you think this post was a good answer, please click the "Good Answer" button below and/or designate my answer as the "BEST ANSWER". Thanks. This is a general response to a question for basic information and is not legal advice. Legal advice can only be given when all of the facts of your situation are discussed with a lawyer, which we have not done.. If you reside outside the State of Texas please understand that the laws may be different from the laws that I may cite in a my comment. This comment is not to be construed as legal advice to your particular situation because there are many factors that influence legal counseling- this is simply a comment. Response to an email does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C., nor any of its attorneys. If you send us an e-mail, or call us, and we do not already represent you, neither your e-mail inquiry nor telephone call will create an attorney-client relationship. E-mails cannot necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. Only entering into a written legal services contract with the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C. will create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for one-on-one legal advice and you are urged to meet with an attorney and discuss your case, personally, with an attorney in the state in which you reside or your case occurred. Thank you. Kevin R. Madison. Visit our website at www.kevinmadison.com and www.texassexualharassmentattorney.com. Kevin Madison, Austin, Texas- representing injured persons in motor vehicle collision, truck and motorcucle accidents and representing victims of sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual abuse, physical assaults, and representing victims of sexual exploitation committed by doctors, therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, clergy, counselors, priests, and rabbis. Visit our sexual harassment/sexual exploitation blog at http://texassexualharassmentattorney.com/blog/

4. I agree with the other commentators. It is always a good idea to document incidents, facts, witnesses and even the state of mind of your son in writing in real time. You might encourage your son to keep a daily journal of entries related to the incident or any of the physical or emotional difficulties he experiences as a result of the experience. It may be considered evidence of present recollection recorded if done in real time. There may be numerous potential defendants that can be named depending upon what a more thorough investigation of the incident finds. Start internally with the principal and the school board but move quickly

5. tricky claim on liability against the school. however, i would contact an
    attorney in Texas who handles such claims.

Government law topics