My son was in an accident last Friday night due to snowy slippery coditions and totaled my truck. Not cited or charged in any wa

Asked over 1 year ago - Needham, MA

He was brought to hospital conscious in an ambulance . No charges or any ticket issued that night . When in e.r. He caught officer going thru his clothes and wallet removinng his license. No breatherlizer was given or asked for ath scene or hospital. The doctors forced him under threat of sectioning him to take hi s blood. He was trying to refuse it.
Today he reieved in the mail a ticket for oui driving wreckless and possesion of under ounce of pot and open container which was a empty nip . On the ticket it's checked off car wasn't searched. Again car was towed not impounded . He. Was not charged or cited at scene or that night yet ticket is dated and timed at time of accident . Another strange thing is his iicense was returned in the mailed ticket .dvise needed things seem wrong here

1. Henry Lebensbaum

5

Best Answer

Answered . Speak to an attorney, ASAP

2. Jeffrey A. Young

Pro

6

Answered . You should seek the advise of a criminal law attorney who is versed in Mass OUI laws/search and seizure issues. Your auto insurer will probably deny payment of the Personal Injury Protection (medical/lost wage payments) because of the alleged OUI. If you have health insurance make sure the hospital and other providers bill your health insurance.

3. Michael Shemtoub

5

Answered . You should immediately seek out the advice of an attorney local to you in MA. They will be able to discuss options with you and retrieve further information. Best of luck.

4. David J. McCormick

4

Answered . Your son needs to call a local OWI attorney ASAP. Look right here on www.avvo.com

Pro

4

Answered . Bottom line is that he needs to retain a DUI lawyer immediately. He's lucky he didn't kill someone driving under the influence, otherwise he would have a vehicular manslaughter charge.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
One or more answers have been taken down.