My son was hurt at work over a year ago.He was pinned to a wall by a forklift. He was sent to doctors and PT and then released.

Asked almost 2 years ago - San Diego, CA

My son told doctor he didn't feel better and his knee is still hurting doctor insisted he was fine. He has complained to primary doctor while and after released from workman comp doctor. She submitted referral to sent him out to try and get him more PT, X-ray and MRI none of the above was approved. He has been dealing with pain and trying to come out of his pocket to pay for massages since he says the pain is shooting upward into his back. He is studying to be an MRI technologist and that is where he has gotten two MRI's. The doctors that read their MRI scans have told him his knee is like a sixty year old man and he should get it looked at ASAP! They said by the time he's 30 he'll probably use a cane, he is only 22. He's never been compensated or paid for miles etc. Is it to late?

1. Jay Gehre Putnam

3

1

Answered . Contact the best workers' comp lawyer you can find. There are plenty in San Diego. Also, your son is likely protected by the California law prohibiting discrimination and retaliation against employees with disabilities. Find the best plaintiffs' lawyer specializing in these cases. Your son is also likely covered by the California Family Rights Act, if the employer has over 50 employees. These laws provide powerful protection, and can present the employer with the spectre of millions in potential liability exposure if your son has been mistreated. The key is getting the best lawyer specializing in this area of law. The workers comp aspect of this is its own specialty, and will likely be a different lawyer. Retain counsel, the sooner the better. Good luck to you and your son.

2. Charles Robert Cleveland Jr.

Pro

2

1

Answered . It sounds like you should've hired a competent Worker's Compensation attorney yesterday. It is not too late to file your case. Contact an attorney in the San Diego area from this site or from The California applicants attorneys Association CAAA.org

3. Manuel Jaime Rodriguez Jr

Answered . Have your son call my office if he wants an attorney. I'm a certified specialist in workers' compensation in north San Diego County. I will set up an appointment if it looks like I can help him. My phone number is 760-433-9009.

4. George Ellis Corson IV

Answered . A Certified Specialist in WC is probably Bubba's best plan.