My son was hit play flag football during PE. He hit his head and broke 2 bones in his leg.

Asked over 3 years ago - Peoria, AZ

He did not go unconscious. But he could not see and everything went purple. The PE couch did nothing had 2 other kids put him on the gardners cart and drive him to the nurse. Where the 2 kids carried him into the nurses office. When she call us to pick him up. There could have been a head/neck injury. They should have dialed 911. Do I have a case?

Pro

1

4

Answered . There are school immunity statutes in different states, thus, contact a local personal injury lawyer to see if there is an immunity or not.

2. Jonathan Adam Jamieson

Answered . Despite the prior postings, Arizona has not adopted blanket school immunity statutes like some other states. There are some issues with suing public entities - see my legal guide "public entity tort claims in Arizona" for more information. Depending on the facts of the case, there might be some liability on the school, but you would need to discuss the specific facts of your case with an attorney. I handle such claims and would be happy to discuss them with you. My initial consultations are free of charge. Feel free to contact me via my Avvo profile, and we can discuss the case further.

Disclaimer: This post is intended for informational purposes only, and is not intended to provide legal advice or establish an attorney/client relationship. Legal advice should be obtained by discussing the specific facts of your case with an attorney licensed to practice in your area.

3. Jeffrey Mark Adams

Answered . Please be guided by the excellent advise you have received.

4. Randy William Ferguson

Answered . I believe the school would be immune in this case. Contact a local inury attorney about immunity in your state. Did he suffer any injuries because of what the coach did or failed to do?

One or more answers have been taken down.