My son was hit by a car while riding his bike. the at fault driver has coverage up to 25,000.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Pensacola, FL

my sons medical bills are currently 32,000. is there any thing else we can get for compensation?

1. John Michael Phillips

13

1

Answered . You need to look to the at fault driver's insurance, the owner of the car's insurance, if he was working, his/her employer's insurance and possibly a few other possible sources.

Did you / your family / anyone he live with have uninsured or underinsured insurance? That might be a resource?

If the insurance company does not promptly hand over the insurance, they may be exposed to more than the $25,000.

Lawyers can also severely negotiate down the bills in cases like this.

Because of the economy, more lawyers are jumping into personal injury and should stick to what they know. Personal injury law REQUIRED knowledge about medical science and biomechanics (the forces on a body in a wreck) far greater and more specific than you'd think. They also need to know all of those areas where insurance might hide or how to negotiate claims. The other side has doctors and millions on their side to say nothing is wrong or fight the claim. If you have any further questions, feel free to email me- jmp@knowthelawyer.com or give us a call- 800-6-know-law. We'd love to help with this.

2. David Irving Shiner

Pro

13

1

Answered . I hope your son gets better soon. There may be more coverage than you are aware of. First, if your son is a minor then you will need to bring the claim on his behalf. Also, as you may know, there may be uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage that could pay for benefits to you and your son. You should hopefully have an attorney working for you and your family. If not, then the best advice is to retain someone to assist you in this case. If you'd like to discuss any issues or need additional hell please feel free to reach out to me or any of the lawyers at my office. Also, you can visit my firms web site at www.InCourt.com for more information or direction regarding questions you may have. Best of Luck.

3. Bret A. Schnitzer

13

Answered . You should also look at your own insurance policy to see if you have underinsured motorist coverage. That covers damages for drivers that do not have enough insurance. Consult with a FL attorney immediately, if you have not already.

You should consult an attorney in your State at once.
  4. David Alan Wolf

11

Answered . Be careful as to how you proceed. Consult with an attorney as soon as possible. You may as a practical matter be limited to the policy limits but may be able to recover more depending on other coverage and the actions or inactions of the insurance adjusters.

David Wolf, Child Injury Lawyer
    888-962-4453 Toll Free
    888-96C-HILD
    dwolf@woodatter.com

5. Keith Patrick Ligori

10

Answered . I am very sorry to hear about your son. There are a few important questions that must be answered in order to for an attorney to proceed with your case. First, do you have uninsured/under insured motorist? Also, who owns the car. I would recommend consulting a personal injury attorney to learn more about what you can do.

The Law Offices of Keith Ligori
    Free Consultations
    813-254-7119
    info@keithligorilaw.com

6. Daniel Nelson Deasy

11

1

Answered . My goodness -- I am so sorry to read of this. $32,000 means he did more than just go to the ER and get checked out!

You need to contact your own insurance carrier. Underinsured motorist coverage might apply.

You also need to think about speaking with a personal injury attorney pronto. Such professionals are well-schooled in looking for other avenues of recovry.

I wish your son a speedy recovery and you well.

7. David H. Burns

Pro

8

Answered . You will need to make sure that the at-fault driver was also the only owner of the at-fault vehicle. If anyone else was either the sole owner or a joint owner, that person and their liability insurance will also come into play. You can do an assets check on the at-fault driver (and owner if different) to see if they have significant non-exempt assets from which to recover. In addition, you will need to check your son's coverage (if he is old enough to own a car) or your own coverage and any other adult relative in the household's coverage to see if there are other coverages that may apply under the circumstances. Getting a free consultation with an experienced Florida personal injury attorney would be a very good idea.

8. John Kevin Griffin

7

Answered . Check your personal auto policy for Uninsured Motorist Coverage. If you have it then you have another source of money to cover damages. Contact a pensacola lawyer and ask for a free consultation. A trial lawyer will be able to help you. Pensacola has some of the best trial lawyers in the State of Florida I know I learned how to be trial lawyer there.

Kevin Griffin
    www.treasurecoastlaw.com

9. Isaac Taylor Newlin

Pro

4

Answered . If you have any more questions, I am local and will give you a free consultation. (850) 939-7722