My son was hit by a car while riding his bike. the at fault driver has coverage up to 25,000.

Pensacola, FL |

my sons medical bills are currently 32,000. is there any thing else we can get for compensation?

My goodness -- I am so sorry to read of this. $32,000 means he did more than just go to the ER and get checked out!

You need to contact your own insurance carrier. Underinsured motorist coverage might apply.

You also need to think about speaking with a personal injury attorney pronto. Such professionals are well-schooled in looking for other avenues of recovry.

I wish your son a speedy recovery and you well.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

You need to look to the at fault driver's insurance, the owner of the car's insurance, if he was working, his/her employer's insurance and possibly a few other possible sources.

Did you / your family / anyone he live with have uninsured or underinsured insurance? That might be a resource?

If the insurance company does not promptly hand over the insurance, they may be exposed to more than the $25,000.

Lawyers can also severely negotiate down the bills in cases like this.

Because of the economy, more lawyers are jumping into personal injury and should stick to what they know. Personal injury law REQUIRED knowledge about medical science and biomechanics (the forces on a body in a wreck) far greater and more specific than you'd think. They also need to know all of those areas where insurance might hide or how to negotiate claims. The other side has doctors and millions on their side to say nothing is wrong or fight the claim. If you have any further questions, feel free to email me- jmp@knowthelawyer.com or give us a call- 800-6-know-law. We'd love to help with this.

Please CLICK the button if I HELPED or was BEST ANSWER. We also answer your questions on facebook- www.facebook.com/knowthelawyer, on twitter- @athleticslawyer and our radio show, Courts & Sports, on WOKV. Please like or follow us. No attorney-client relationship is established and responses here are general first impressions. You should consult with a lawyer about your problems. More about our firm is located at www.knowthelawyer.com.

You should also look at your own insurance policy to see if you have underinsured motorist coverage. That covers damages for drivers that do not have enough insurance. Consult with a FL attorney immediately, if you have not already.

You should consult an attorney in your State at once.

I hope your son gets better soon. There may be more coverage than you are aware of. First, if your son is a minor then you will need to bring the claim on his behalf. Also, as you may know, there may be uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage that could pay for benefits to you and your son. You should hopefully have an attorney working for you and your family. If not, then the best advice is to retain someone to assist you in this case. If you'd like to discuss any issues or need additional hell please feel free to reach out to me or any of the lawyers at my office. Also, you can visit my firms web site at www.InCourt.com for more information or direction regarding questions you may have. Best of Luck.

Legal Disclaimer: If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. Mr. Shiner is licensed to practice law in the State and Federal Courts of Florida. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and time lines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Shiner strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received. To learn more about David I. Shiner or the Shiner Law Group, P.A. please call our office at (561) 368-3363 or toll free at 1 (855) 368-3363 or visit website at www.ShinerLawGroup.com or www.InCourt.com

Be careful as to how you proceed. Consult with an attorney as soon as possible. You may as a practical matter be limited to the policy limits but may be able to recover more depending on other coverage and the actions or inactions of the insurance adjusters.

David Wolf, Child Injury Lawyer
888-962-4453 Toll Free
888-96C-HILD
dwolf@woodatter.com

I am very sorry to hear about your son. There are a few important questions that must be answered in order to for an attorney to proceed with your case. First, do you have uninsured/under insured motorist? Also, who owns the car. I would recommend consulting a personal injury attorney to learn more about what you can do.

The Law Offices of Keith Ligori
Free Consultations
813-254-7119
info@keithligorilaw.com

Legal Disclaimer: Keith Ligori is licensed to practice law in the State and Federal Courts of Florida. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and time lines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Ligori strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in order to ensure proper advice is received. To learn more about The Law Offices of Keith Ligori, please call our firm toll free at 888.254.7119 or visit www.keithligorilaw.com

You will need to make sure that the at-fault driver was also the only owner of the at-fault vehicle. If anyone else was either the sole owner or a joint owner, that person and their liability insurance will also come into play. You can do an assets check on the at-fault driver (and owner if different) to see if they have significant non-exempt assets from which to recover. In addition, you will need to check your son's coverage (if he is old enough to own a car) or your own coverage and any other adult relative in the household's coverage to see if there are other coverages that may apply under the circumstances. Getting a free consultation with an experienced Florida personal injury attorney would be a very good idea.

The above is general advice regarding applicable state law. It does not create an attorney-client relationship in any specific case.

Check your personal auto policy for Uninsured Motorist Coverage. If you have it then you have another source of money to cover damages. Contact a pensacola lawyer and ask for a free consultation. A trial lawyer will be able to help you. Pensacola has some of the best trial lawyers in the State of Florida I know I learned how to be trial lawyer there.

Kevin Griffin
www.treasurecoastlaw.com

If you have any more questions, I am local and will give you a free consultation. (850) 939-7722