My son was found dead in garage by live in girlfriend was police suppose to do GSR test on his & her hands ?

Asked about 1 year ago - Bardstown, KY

She said he was irritated to take dog (yorky) for walk @ 11:30 pm came in house went to garage she went to bed didn't hear gunshot. Coroner said dead @ 1am she said found him @ 4am . Called from neighbors cell (policeman) not their own phones. Police did not do thorough investigation. Called to see if right or left handed . Had to come back to find bullet. Police next door moved out next week. She & family not talk to us,did not even call us to tell he dead. Stole guns,furniture,misc items From his house. She told us accident but told police he said 2 weeks before fighting eating bullet. Why not tell family or get him help if so? Police not talk to neighbors, his co workers,our family, or friends. He was watching football game & texting friends. Perfectly normal. She stopped associating.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Frank Mascagni III

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Parent of the deceased: this is a very unusual post. Too many questions to speculate on answers. You need to go speak with the Chief of Police of the Bardstown Police Department, make an appointment with the Nelson County Commonwealth's Attorney or Nelson County Attorney and raise these questions with them on behalf of your deceased son. You can also hire a local attorney to act on your behalf, seeking information from the police, the medical examiner's office and the coroner's office. Good luck.

    I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,264 answers this week

3,140 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,264 answers this week

3,140 attorneys answering