My son was charged with njs 2c 5 -1A(1)

Burlington, NJ |
Filed under: Criminal defense

my son opened a checking account and deposited 50 dollars and then wrote a check to car dealership for 21,389.00 dealer refused the check and police arrested him at home. he is mentally disabled with bipolar and other psychotic disorders what can happen?

Respectfully, you need to start asking this question of an experienced criminal defense lawyer as soon as possible. This site can only give you a starting point to use in discussions with an experienced criminal defense lawyer who can evaluate the strength of the medical background after an examination of the documents you refer to. It is possible to defend a charge on these grounds, but it will need the active participation and representation of a lawyer who understands these issues.

DISCLAIMER
This answer is provided for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you agree and understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site cannot be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices law in the State where this offense is charged; and, who has experience in the area of law you are asking questions about and with whom you would have an attorney client relationship. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question, or in the State where this charge is filed.